Wednesday, January 14, 2009

when we've come down with cabin fever




Remember before, that one time, when I said the snow was beautiful blah, blah, blah...like Narnia? Well I've altered my position slightly in light of the blizzard like conditions that have, over the last few days, replaced our mild and idyllic winter wonderland-worthy weather (whew!), forcing us indoors lest we literally freeze our flesh off. Tomorrow, so they say, the wind chill will approach -20 degrees.

Benjamin sprinted this afternoon, singing nonsense in his usually outlawed "High Opera" voice, upstairs then downstairs and I didn't stop him - until, that is, I was CERTAIN I would lose it if he continued with his Parade O' Hyperness for just one more second. I am trying to cut him, and all of us, some slack -the children and I, so pale and chilly and stir-crazy. We're a little desperate around here to see a face not belonging to an immediate family member. I think when the mail man stops by on Thursday, we'll invite him in to stay for tea - him or the UPS guy or any other brave soul out and about in our neighborhood, A.K.A the new tundra of the Midwest. We're not picky.

4 comments:

Kelleylynn said...

I think you're delirous! :)

Marsha said...

OK, I am going to sound like a crazy stalker.....but I think it would be nice if you lived in Knoxville, down the street. And pssst, it hasn't snowed here even once this year except for once when snow swirled around in the air like we were living in a shaken snowglobe, and no flakes even touched the ground. I swear. LOL

Anonymous said...

I wish I were closer! I'd brave the weather to come for a cup of tea. We are having very mild weather right now but I won't go on lest it makes you too jealous!!! Stay warm, my friend!

Molly Sabourin said...

I'm packing my bags! :)