Tuesday, January 13, 2009

every girl's crazy about a sharp dressed man



In all our fifteen years together, first as boyfriend and girlfriend and then husband and wife, Troy has maintained a rather minimalist wardrobe consisting mostly of Dickies pants and vintage western wear button-ups. He has always been low maintenance, shopping for new attire only when absolutely, and I mean absolutely, necessary. A year ago, however, he got a different job - a job requiring that he wear ties, sport coats, full-on suits and fancy shoes (or in other words, shoes that cannot be worn while skateboarding). Suddenly, we were frantically checking department stores, on-line stores, for more sophisticated items neither of us imagined he would ever consider purchasing and then ironing or, oh my goodness, donning on a daily basis.

Troy wakes up early in the mornings before my eyes have fully adjusted to the still too bright details of my surroundings, before I am even able to process what day it is, much less what my husband looks like as he darts from room to room getting ready. Each night, however, when he walks through the door, I am taken aback all over again by this handsome, sharp dressed man kissing me hello and hugging the children - this updated, slightly more dignified version of my beloved spouse.

He cleans up nice. I think I'll keep him.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yikes! He's turned into a "suit!" Before long, he'll be on the cover of GQ magazine!

Kelly said...

I love how even after years of marriage the "spark" is still there in the way you describe and talk about your husband! It makes me smile to know that even through having multiple kids and years of being together, we can look forward to maintaining the relationship we've always had! Thanks for the inspiration!

Kelleylynn said...

ooh! La! La!
I am stuck with the man in the black dress :D Honestly, it does have an attractiveness because my man is in it.

Anonymous said...

He does clean up nice! What is his job, by the way?