Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Are you feeling better than before?

Yesterday morning it was a tummy ache (The same one Mary had, and then Benjamin - the one I'm sure to get shortly) that had you whimpering on the couch and begging for blankets, apple juice, a back rub. These sort of needs I can handle. But I am bracing myself, however, for the days when that face, that wounded spirit, resist my efforts to provide comfort by way of treats or soothing words because your pain and disappointment, born out of humanity itself, must be endured for faith (for courage and hope divine) to truly blossom. I pray now, sweetheart, and forever, that these small acts, my present acts of unconditional love offered continuously, in the name of the Holy Trinity, will help sustain you.

There's a hidden life for everyone.
Sorrow remains though you can tell no-one.
The Host on your tongue is a perfect moon.
It does shine inside you.
You shine into the room.

And I can only say that I have hoped for you.
Safety from fears and darkness
Are you feeling better than before?

- Innocence Mission
You are the Light

0 comments: