Wednesday, April 29, 2009

momma's in the kitchen



I got to do this this morning:  make breakfast, set the table and drink some coffee before any of my children woke up and asked to stir the batter (I know that it is sweet and character building and all, letting your kids help you out with the preparing of family meals, but sometimes, like at 6:45 a.m., it is really nice for me to be able to work alone in my kitchen). 


Ah, Mondays. School. Ballet. Laundry. YMCA (hopefully - I need to, I really need to move my body, to break a sweat) and this week, every afternoon of it, I'll be getting ready for a talk I'll be giving on Saturday the 9th at Holy Trinity Cathedral in Chicago on the topic of "Being Orthodox in a non-Orthodox society." Come by (it starts at 2:00 pm) if you get a chance! 

I've just started twittering. Have you tried it? HERE are Deacon Michael Hyatt's (CEO of Thomas Nelson Publishing and host of the Ancient Faith Radio -AFR also twitters, btw- podcast, at the Intersection of East and West)  reasons why you should. 

Uh oh, they're awake and stomping. It sounds like Jurassic Park upstairs. Have a great one, friends. Live like you mean it.

7 comments:

Jeanette said...

Letting children help cook definitely IS character building... for the mom! (see Romans 5). I remember the first time I tried to make prosphora, and thought what a wonderful spiritual family activity that could be. At the end I had to mop the kitchen, bathe all 4 girls, and take a shower! Happy Monday, Molly. I'll be doing all the same stuff in my corner of the world: school, ballet, laundry, exercise bike (no YMCA in my town)... just not preparing for a big impressive talk on anything (except why my children NEED to keep their rooms clean). Blessings to you!

MamaHolly said...

I have tons of help in the kitchen all the time. I, too, enjoy some individual quality time with my culinary creativity.

Grandpa Mike said...

Can you e-mail me one of those waffles? (All 4 pieces, of course.)

Great blog, Molly.

Lucy said...

I love those morning when I actually get up before the kids. My whole day seems so much more peaceful. :)

Is your talk being recorded? I'd love to hear it, but sadly, I am nowhere near Chicago. It sounds great, though. Blessings!

Ingrid said...

I recently joined Twitter. I will have to look for you if I can figure out how :) It isn't as user friendly as FB. I am impressed that you not only made breakfast but got a picture of it before it was all gone :)

Molly Sabourin said...

It was so nice to hear from you all yesterday. Thanks for your comments! I like picturing you with your families, taking on similar challenges, growing, praying for patience. It inspires me always to do the same.

Grandpa, I laughed out loud at your request. I'd surely e-mail you those waffles AND the syrup if I could. :)

Beth said...

My waffles never look like that, though maybe it is due to the pumpkin puree ever lurking inside! : ) The boys are giggling upstairs, which leads me to conclude that something is going on that shouldn't be! Have a good day.