Monday, May 4, 2009

Vacation - All I ever wanted


Oh man, I love this picture because, first of all, aren't Troy's Aunts and mom adorable? I also love it because, look! There is "Close to Home," four copies of it, on a beach in Aruba! I feel a little sunburned and more relaxed just thinking about at least my words taking an exotic vacation. The chances seem pretty slim that I, myself, will be so fortunate anytime soon. The "sisters" snorkeled, mingled with ostriches and butterflies, lounged in the sun, took a jeep safari and even met the president (see below). A good time, a BIG time, was had by all!



The Sabourin family will be hitting the YMCA pool, the local parks and the Indiana Dunes this summer -we'll be keeping it real here in the Midwest. My dream is that one day my children will entertain themselves at all of the above places while I sit in the shade and simply watch them. After ten years of pushing (higher mama! higher!), catching, balancing, chasing and wading (while dodging inner tubes and aggressive splashing), I am ready to move on to other, less physically strenuous, outdoor activities involving iced coffee, SPF 30 sunscreen, a lawn chair and a novel. I'll yell out, "That's great, honey!" in response to a cartwheel or under water handstand till the cows come home, or at least until its time for dinner. A-h-h-h ... can you imagine? Paradise. 


4 comments:

MamaHolly said...

Oh, Molly! How fun to see your 4 copies of your book on vacation! And I, too, aspire to your dream of only verbal parenting!

Kelly said...

Your list of "ten years of pushing (higher mama! higher!), catching, balancing, chasing and wading (while dodging inner tubes and aggressive splashing)" makes my back hurt just thinking about it. And to think that I am not even on year 3 yet. :) I think I might need that iced coffee to keep my energy level up!

Anonymous said...

Wow Molly, that was a shock to see we made it in a "Snapshot of the Day". You can't get much better than having a book club during sunset in a beach in Aruba on a book that is especially special because you know and love the author. I really enjoyed reading the book and called Matthew and Pam to order one ASAP because I think they would really appreciate reading it at this stage (rather than after the fact, as in my case). Have you started working on your next book? Maybe it will be done when the sisters are ready for their next excursion.
Thank you, Molly!
Aunt Lyn

sh kelleylynn said...

How fun!

I know 3 girls who read it here at SVS...should have taken a snap shot. sorry :(

Would love for you to come to SVS and speak to us (wives group)...??