Monday, April 27, 2009

Back Porch Mary (and Elijah and Ben and Prissy)







It was National "Hang Out On Your Back Porch" Day (What? You hadn't heard?) and so the kids and I played, schooled, ate, folded laundry and enjoyed the perfect 73 degree weather within the confines of our own humble porch, which was lovingly screened in two summers ago by my husband, Troy, and his handy-dandy father. It was very, very pleasant - so enjoyable, in fact, I went an entire morning and afternoon without once having to ask forgiveness for thinking negative and bitter thoughts about the states in this great country of ours with spring seasons that start in March, even February (and with beaches not infested with biting flies)! My Indiana neighborhood, with all of its newly blooming dogwood trees, looked downright vacation destination worthy, picturesque, like an ear of corn in a pink satin husk - still unpretentious and yet a little bit fancy. I can't help it, despite my intermittent grumbling about the unpredictable weather, the flatter than flat landscape, and the scarcity (at least in our area) of authentic ethnic restaurants (No, I am sorry; Pepe's doesn't count), I truly am a Midwest girl at heart. 

2 comments:

Jared said...

Who is Ben P?

MamaHolly said...

Sounds like a great day, Molly! :D