Tuesday, February 10, 2009

let's be together and weather the weather


"Why is it summer here?" asks Mary, pointing to patches of naked grass, "and winter there?" There being the other half of our yard still covered with snow. I am sure there are all kinds of eerie explanations as to why, in Indiana, in the middle of February, it is 63 degrees outside but I am much too busy soaking in the sun and inhaling the mild air to dwell on them just at the moment. Here comes Elijah pulling his sister in the wagon. I hear the swing set squeaking, my children singing at the top of their lungs. It won't last, I know but, s-h-h-h, let's please not spoil it. Today, this afternoon, I'm less overwhelmed, more optimistic. And fancy that - nothing's changed but the weather.

1 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh - and open windows, walks around the blocks. Soaking in the sun! I felt like it was FL in February, yet I was in Chicago. Too bad it ended so QUICKLY. Today I'm having a hard time staying focused, staying on task. And nothing changed but the weather.

~Michelle