Thursday, February 12, 2009

all I want is you to be my sweet honey bee...



Ahh, love is in the air! I know this because all morning long, Priscilla and I have been frantically creating thirty some valentines to hand out this afternoon at our homeschool co-op Valentine's Day party. I am really so above this holiday. You've heard the argument, right? That it's become heavily marketed. That it's only real purpose is to make tons of money for
Dear sweet, kind and generous husbands everywhere (mine included) who may need a bit of help reading between the lines,
Hallmark and Russell Stover, Whitman's, Fanny May. I mean, c'mon, it's pretty silly, paying
This weekend, your significant other is hoping with all her heart that you will shower her with words filled to overflowing with sweetness.
four dollars for a sappy card and twenty dollars more for flowers, flowers that wilt and die.
She is expecting at the very least an actual card (which is different mind you than an, "I love you, babe," scrawled in pen on a piece of notebook paper).
I'll tell you what we don't have and that is any extra cash for romantic frivolities.
If you also arranged for a babysitter to come over so you could take her out to dinner, that would pretty much make you
I am very secure in Troy's commitment to our marriage.
a super hero in her eyes - one able to refresh and refuel his weary spouse in a single bound. This day only comes once a year so try not to
I know deep down how much he appreciates me...and that is enough.
blow it. Much love, your adoring wives.

But for all of you into that kind of thing,

I hope you have a very Happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

Has said...

ha ha ha ha ha!!!! I wish you well!!!!

Kelleylynn said...

ROFLOL!! This is great!
My hubby loves the bluegrass music and did not read between the lines :D...typical!