Thursday, October 9, 2008

We'll Meet Again

Kara, pictured here with my son, Ben, loves to travel. She loves exploring new places and partaking in big adventures and has the wherewithal and energy to plan them. Months ago, Kara, who lives in Arkansas, and my sister-in-law, Paige, dreamed up a weekend get-a-way for "the girls," including the both of them, Beth, Jennifer and I. We'd all converge by plane and car at my house in Indiana, and then we'd hit the wineries in Michigan, go antiquing, stay over-night at a Bed and Breakfast and eat dinner out... at a restaurant (can you believe it?!). "O.K." I said, "I'm in," never imagining that October would actually arrive and that this rare, and I mean rare, privilege of meeting up again with my dear old college friends in such an idealistic setting would really, really and truly become a reality.

But what do you know? Today I am packing my things. "You're leaving?!" the kids ask me every fifteen minutes, aghast at the thought. I am I tell them, trying not to sound too excited, which is difficult. I've been lecturing myself for hours now about the importance of letting go and not fretting over the children, the house, or "work" of any kind while I am gone. Just be thankful, Molly, thankful, and enjoy it.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting! Have a wonderful time away. I hope you come back refreshed.

Unknown said...

Michigan has wineries? Wow, you learn something every day!

Molly Sabourin said...

Thanks Sara! Maybe someday, you and I could arrange a similar trip. Wouldn't that be wonderful?! We better start planning now.

Yes, Father James, Michigan has quite a few wineries! And I just learned from you that I spelled wineries incorrectly! :) I'll bring my camera so I can capture, and post here, some more surprising things about the Midwest.

Laura said...

Sometimes opportunities like this time away allow us to see our daily work with new eyes and to approach it with renewed strength. I hope this happens for you! God bless!

Anonymous said...

Have a most wonderful time! I'm looking forward to hearing about it.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Molly, I would love to see a picture or two of the wineries (and if you were to send me a bottle, it wouldn't break my heart!) :-) Just kidding...

By the way, Texas is a pretty nice place to visit in the winter. We have wineries too, as well as a mens' and a womens' monastery.

Kelly said...

Sounds like tons of fun! Enjoy it!

And what a beautiful picture.

Kelleylynn said...

Good for you Molly...and Paige too! Looking forward to viewing all the fun.
May you be refreshed and energized when you return!

Anonymous said...

I would love to do a similar trip with you! It has been far too long since we've been able to visit in person. We should start planning now!

Ser said...

Wonderful! I left for the weekend twice in the last six months, and it has been so good for me and so good for dadddy and kids. I actually didn't worry at all (strangely) and I hope you can enjoy yourself. The key is hitting enough wine tasting rooms! :)