Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I'll be remembering you


Troy's parents, known affectionately around these parts as Papa and Nana, had this gorgeous bouquet sent to our house yesterday and each time I walk past it, I am reminded of how nice it feels to be loved. Thank you, everyone, for your thoughts and prayers! This afternoon we went to the cemetery and placed flowers at grandma's grave site. Saturday, we will drive to Ohio for a memorial service. There have been many, many questions from my children these past 48 hours regarding death and grandpa's intermittent smiles, laughter, and tears. "We are sad," I explain, "but so very hopeful. Sixty-five years they were married, grandpa misses her." This has been a bittersweet and yet special time for us as a family. We are thankful that we can lean upon one another as we reflect, rejoice in Christ's promises and remember.

0 comments: