Friday, October 17, 2008

rescue me

I am certainly not complaining or suggesting that I'm not capable enough to single-handedly whip this place into shape, will away my headache, make learning a grand adventure or offer a meal that isn't cereal to my under the weather children. I'm simply letting you know that if, today, someone were to knock on my door carrying a swiffer sweeper, a cappuccino with my name on it, something delicious and nutritious in a crock pot, and demand that I march straight upstairs to take a bubble bath and read while he/she/they (I'm not picky) deep-cleaned the house, entertained the kids and returned for me all my e-mails and phone calls, I would let them in, because I'm thoughtful like that. You might say I have a real servant's heart.

5 comments:

Jeanette said...

Yuck! So sorry you guys aren't feeling well. I'll pray for you that your day gets better. I know from experience that nothing dreadful will happen today if you all eat cereal for meals in a messy house. Perhaps you could grab that bubble bath while the littlest ones are napping and the others are watching an educational video? Doesn't happen often, but I HAVE used that tool on those "bleah" kind of days. (Don't tell!)

Kelly said...

If you weren't so far away and if I had ever met you in person before, I'd be there!It's funny how cleaning up someone else's house always seems more exciting than cleaning my own.

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Molly Sabourin said...

Thank you Jeanette! Thank you Kelly! Thank you Sarah (whose wonderfully sweet comment was deleted and I have no idea why :( )and congratulations on your upcoming wedding!! To vent, every once in awhile, and then to be understood is so healing and so imperative for a mother's sanity. May I one day (soon) return the favor.

Has said...

I know the feeling! Love your honesty. Actually, you know, it takes humility to accept help. I've been good at it in the past but sometimes the 'supermum' title hangs over my head and I actually don't want someone to come and help me, even when I need it. Silly.