Monday, October 6, 2008

a little motivation


"Would you like to play," I asked my niece, Isabelle, "over there on that hill for awhile?" Oh boy, she did, did she ever, and so I stood down at the bottom of it while she ran. It was a brisk 60 degrees outside but within seconds that sweater would be shed, and sweat would wet the curls bouncing wildly around her face. Up and down and up and down again, Isabelle climbed then descended that kid-sized mountain - laughing, screaming, delighting in the moment. I have so much to do this week and there's so little time. This photo is my inspiration. It's like a way cooler version of those goofy "Teamwork" and "Determination" posters they used to hang in our cubicles when I worked in the city. And this song, this auditory display of Dolly Parton's can-do spirit and versatility (did you know she also covered Stairway to Heaven?) is my substitute for R. Kelly's, I Believe I Can Fly, which kicked off every team building event I attended in the late 90's. So this morning, let's Just Do It and refuse to Sweat the Small Stuff. Grab your favorite denim button up with the logo on the pocket and get a move on!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Don't you love how kids make you stop and take a moment to notice things you've neglected to see for years. What happens to our enjoyment of running down hills?

Love the picture! It COULD be a motivational poster!

paige maddex said...

She sure is my motivation! Wish I had a fraction of that energy. Thanks for the sweet post.