Monday, September 29, 2008

you make me happy when skies are gray










Everything about my niece, Jane, is warm and sunny - from her yellow curls and expressive face to her sing-song-y voice and wet kisses. She turned two years old this month. My brother and sister-in-law threw a party in her honor complete with pastel colored cupcakes and a pink pinata. It was a pleasant afternoon despite overcast skies, with family and neighbors gathering to eat and laugh and celebrate our exceptional gift from God of such a sweet, silly, and smiley little girl. It sounds cliche to say, "Oh my, they grow so quickly!" But it's true. Which is why I'm quite obsessed these days with both capturing and recording all of these sparkling moments of importance rushing past like shooting stars, in the blink of an eye. So Happy Birthday Janie! We love you - all of us - very much!

2 comments:

paige maddex said...

Thanks, Molly! I showed Jane the blog and she said, "oh my goodness, I love this song!." Great pictures - I'm so glad you took them!

Kelleylynn said...

You are so progressive in finding the best song to accompany your posts.
Many years to Jane!