Friday, September 19, 2008

everybody do your share...


We're working on chores and it's going swimmingly, as is obvious by the above photo of my utensil tray stacked neatly with rows of forks and spoons and knives, all meticulously layered in the same orderly direction. "Whoa!" I told them, "Slow it down! I didn't ask you to empty the dishwasher and mop the floor. Leave some jobs for your mama, why don't ya!" I am this close to weeping...with pride, of course*.

*Lest you question my eye for neatness, I assure you I am merely using humor to lighten that awfully enormous (and often maddening) task of teaching children that a house won't clean itself.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

My daughter, Madilyn, loved your music choice today, as indicated by her dancing at my side when it first began.

Looks like you have some great helpers!

Has said...

oh my goodness, how do you even begin this task? at what age? i'm struggling with this too.

Kelleylynn said...

Yeah! What great encouragement from there helping hands.
Remember dear Molly: Life skills, you are teaching Life skills...again and again. I'm right there with you -- all the way!

Jeanette said...

Molly, I've found your blogs through my dear friend Erin's blog after months of reading your articles and hearing podcasts. I am a homeschooler too (struggling with my 4 children and myself and my load of responsibilities, and breathing prayers of thanksgiving to God all at the same time), and a recent convert to Orthodoxy. I'll be checking back often to read your beautiful perspectives, which so often mirror my own... yours are just articulated more beautifully! Thanks for blogging!

Molly Sabourin said...

Yes, Selena,

How do you begin?! Anyone...anyone?
I'll keep you updated on my progress if you keep me updated on any helpful hints. :)

Jeanette,

What a joy to hear from you! Thank you for reading my blog and for taking the time to comment! Just knowing your out there, with your four homeschooling kids and your Orthodox Faith, is such a big encouragement to me. We are never alone in either our joys or our challenges.Please keep me in your prayers!