Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I know why the caged bird sings...


I took the thirteen pairs of boots that have been strewn about our front door for the last four months downstairs to the basement yesterday! It is by no means balmy outside but I can get out of bed, now, and head to the kitchen in my jammies for coffee without first donning a long sleeve shirt and sweater to be topped off with a pink fleece jacket. The ice cream truck has been circling around my neighborhood like a vulture eyeing its pint sized, beaten down by the cold weather, victims who congregate at the corner for upwards of 30 minutes just waiting for the tell-tale sing-songiness to become louder and louder, signaling bomb pops and Sponge Bob Square Pants bars are coming closer and closer, maybe just around the corner ... MOM! Can I PLEASE have a dollar!!

Big News: Elijah made the front page of our small town newspaper! Last week while at the library, I signed a whole bunch of wavers granting permission to the children's librarian to take a picture of my oldest son reading intently to "Buddy the Bird" who lives in a cage on the check-out counter and who Elijah has taken a real, NOT just kidding around, interest in. I forgot about it all until Elijah's godfather e-mailed me to say Elijah was a star and then my parents brought over their copy and I was tickled (that's the best word I can think of ) to read the caption under his photo, which stated, "Sabourin says Buddy prefers Choose Your Own Adventure books." Other News: So HERE is where you can find my interview with Kevin Allen of the Illumined Heart (see my last post)!

It is Friday. How do the weeks fly by so quickly?!

3 comments:

MamaHolly said...

Yay for Spring and popsicles and for Elijah becoming a star! :D

And really big congratulations on your book. I saw it at Grandma's house the other day. I need to order my own copy. What do the kids think about it?

Fr. Christian Mathis said...

Nice interview Molly and glad you have been able to pack away the boots for the summer.

Sorry we haven't been able to talk much lately. Seems as if we have both been busy.

Hope that you and the family are well!

Jenny said...

Molly,

Your interview was terrific!

I'll be back in Chicago in early June--I hope we can connect somehow!