Tuesday, March 17, 2009

catching up...


So, obviously, I've been a little tied up lately. This afternoon, I had my first offical interview about my newly released book with Kevin Allen, host of the wonderful, Illumined Heart, podcast - an interview I was busy thinking about and preparing for for days. It went pretty well. I enjoyed the experience. It will air this Friday on Ancient Faith Radio. Check back here later if you want the link.

Besides that, I have been working on two different posts regarding two excellent books that have just been published and which I desire to share with each and every one of you. The first is called, Naming the Child, and was written by the lovely, genuine and talented, Mat. Jenny Schroedel, and the other is called Pictures of God, by John Skinas. Stay tuned for additional details, and in the meantime follow the links to find out more!

Some bad news: my printer is not reading my camera's memory card for some reason and thus the "snapshot" portion of my Snapshot of the Day blog is in bad shape. Note the random picture choice (the last to be read successfully by my ornery printer) of me modeling, to your great delight and interest I am sure, my new million dollar glasses from Walmart.

I got new glasses from Walmart, you see, because as I age, my already weak and blurry eye sight continues to deteriorate. When your that bad off they have to jump through all of these hoops, apparently, to thin out your lenses so they weigh less than two pounds each making my finished pair of Sarah Palin (as I like to call them) spectacles outrageously expensive.

I went to the park around 4:00 pm with the kids, to unwind a bit and feel the sun on my face. It was very, very refreshing. Priscilla has started writing these really sweet and detailed prayers and has decided to become a professional prayer writer but Elijah confided in me that he didn't think that sounded quite right. Benjamin has twice this week been able to play with "the big boys" at Elijah's friend's house. Mary has been working diligently on her "Yellow Submarine" dance routine which she and her fellow three-year-old classmates will perform in an upcoming dance recital on a real stage. She has already warned me that she will NOT be wearing the sailor hat that comes with her costume.

I, who am absolutely not a tea drinker, have fallen in love with Good Earth Spice tea. I drink it in the evenings. It tastes exactly like a stick of Big Red gum.

A special thanks to Sylvia, author of the Adventures of an Orthodox Mom blog for posting THIS kind and thoughtul review of "Close to Home." It made my day.

Take care of yourselves, dear friends and family!

Now off to bed.

10 comments:

Mimi said...

Gorgeous glasses, and congratulations on your publication

Michelle said...

Love your new glasses - I just ordered new ones today. I'm counting down the days to when I won't be seeing through the huge scratch on my lens! Completely understand your sticker shock. Same here.

On another note: I ADORE Good Earth tea - I drink the Sweet & Spicy Tea. It's SO yummy. I keep that and Twining's Pure Peppermint tea in the house... in addition to the absolutely required Cinch tea.

And, Mom gave me a copy of your book, but I've not started it yet. Looking forward to it!

Much love,
Michelle

Stephanie said...

Thank you so much for sharing the link to "Naming the Child." I just spent the last few minutes in tears reading about it and watching the posted video. Last year, the son of a close family member was born still at full-term. His funeral was on his due date. To this day it still seems surreal. Thank you. I plan on purchasing a copy.

Molly Sabourin said...

Stephanie,

It certainly is a beautiful and moving website! I thought you might be interested in hearing an interview Mat. Jenny just did on Ancient Faith Radio regarding her book. Just click on the link below (or copy and paste if that doesn't work)!

http://ancientfaith.com/podcasts/features/naming_the_child/

Molly Sabourin said...

That isn't working! Instead, just go to http://ancientfaith.com and in the search box on the lower left hand side, type in "Naming the Child".

Marsha said...

Oh I LOVE Good earth spice tea. We couldn't find it around here, because I guess only Costco carries it or something, so my darling hubby got me SIX BOXES on his last trip to Arizona!
Tip: it's a fab appetite reducer anda bit addictive. I was drinking 6 cups a day and wondering why I was losing weight LOL!

I am so excited abot your book. I'll download your interview when it comes out. (psst, my beloved priest is interviewed in the most recent on Illumined Heart)

Molly Sabourin said...

It is very addictive but I have found it for a great price at Walmart. I was looking for some tea to replace our glass of after dinner wine with throughout Lent (except on wine/oil days of course) and grabbed the Good Earth tea because I liked the way the box looked (what a great way to make decisions). Even Troy really likes it and that is saying a lot!

I plan on downloading the Illumined Heart interview with your priest today, Marsha. Thanks for letting me know about it!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Molly! I've been missing your posts!

Love,

Grandpa Mike

Kelleylynn said...

You know, not only have I finished your incredible book, but you also lured me into purchasing Good Earth tea from the link provided LOL!

Anonymous said...

Your new glasses look spectacular, spectacular.... :)
Love,
Jen